General Deborah Jayne Jewellery Terms and Conditions
- By visiting our Website and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following Deborah Jayne Jewellery Terms and Conditions.
- The terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Deborah Jayne Jewellery. Deborah Jayne Jewellery offers Services and products either in person, from the website or from social media platforms. All Services available from Deborah Jayne Jewellery to you, the user, are conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
- By accessing the Deborah Jayne Website and/or placing an order, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
- We may revise these Terms at any time. Any such changes will take effect when posted on the Website or notified in person. It is your responsibility to read the Terms on each occasion you use our Website or place an order in person. Your continued use of our Website and Services shall signify your acceptance to be bound by the latest Terms.
- These Terms apply to all users of the Deborah Jayne Website and Services. This includes and without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants and/or contributors of content.
- Please read these Terms carefully before accessing or using our website and/or Services. By accessing or using any part of the website or Deborah Ja yne Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- If you do not agree to all the Terms and Conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any Services.
Deborah Jayne Jewellery will provide the following services (‘Services’) to the Buyer in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement:
- Direct sales of products, either purchased from the Website, from Social Media platforms or in person.
- Any new products which are offered for sale (either in person or through online platforms) shall also be subject to the Terms and Conditions. You can review the most current version of the Terms by visiting our Website. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms and it is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changesWe reserve the right to refuse Service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any contact on the website through which the Service is provided, without express written permission by us.
- We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
- We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at any time without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
- Mutually agreed commissioned design services and associated hand-crafted work.
- For all commissioned work Deborah Jayne Jewellery will provide a written estimate or quote which must be signed by both parties before any work commences.
- A 20% deposit must be paid for all commissioned work before any work commences.
- In the event that we are instructed to re-work a piece of jewellery owned by You we will take reasonable care and precaution to safeguard this item. We take no responsibility if our actions result in any damage to your property IF it is;
(a) the result of the inherent age and condition of the jewellery item
(b) due to the original manufacture of the jewellery item.
- We will always advise you of any potential risks.
Specific Online Store Terms
- You may not use our products for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- Certain products or Services may be available exclusively online through the Website. These products or Services may have limited quantities and are subject to return or exchange only according to our Returns Policy.
- We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours and images of our products on our Website store. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor’s display of any colour will be accurate.
- Every product available from our Website is accompanied by an in depth description of all materials used.
- Any descriptions referring to dates and materials of vintage, antique or up-cycled elements are opinions only and should not be taken as absolute fact.
- All dimensions published in our descriptions are estimates only and slight variation may occur.
- When a product is purchased in person (without reference to Website published descriptions) You, the Buyer, are entitled to request a written description. This will outline provenance, vintage (in our opinion) and up-cycled elements, as well as details of other materials used.
- We are not responsible if information made available on our Website, on Social Media platforms or in person is not accurate, complete or current. The material we provide is for general information and made available in good faith. It should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions. Any reliance on the material published by Deborah Jayne Jewellery is at your own risk.
- Deborah Jayne published and verbal descriptions may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of written and verbal material at any time. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our Website and to other means of communication.
- Occasionally there may be information on our Website or in our published literature that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the Service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
Ordering From Us
- You are deemed to place an order with us by either:
(a) Placing an order via our online checkout process. We will send you an order acknowledgement via email, detailing the products you have ordered. Please note that this email is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from us.
(b) A direct purchase in person when the product is to hand and becomes your property upon payment.
(c) You communicate your intention to purchase a product, either via email, social media or verbally.
- Your order is an offer to us to purchase the product specified in the order. Our acceptance of an order takes place when we dispatch the product or exchange the product for payment. When we dispatch or exchange the product the purchase contract will be made even if your payment has not been processed immediately, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled your order.
- We may refuse to accept an order:
(a) if we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment; or
(b) if there has been a pricing or product description error
- We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
- It is our responsibility to supply you with goods that meet your consumer rights.
- For full details on delivery charges and estimated timescales, please visit our Postage & Packaging
- We make every effort to deliver products within the estimated timescales. However delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen factors.
- Every effort is made by us to ensure our products are safely packaged and dispatched. We are vigilant that all parcels are adequately insured whilst in transit and will follow all necessary procedures to recoup your losses if a damaged product is delivered.
- Risk of loss and damage of goods passes to you on the date when the goods are delivered.
- In the event that damage to the product is sustained whilst in your care you may contact Deborah Jayne Jewellery to obtain a repair estimate. Agreed discounts for repair work would apply.
- You can pay for your purchases online using PayPal – PayPal Account: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For orders made in person you may pay in the following ways:
(a) Bank transfer to bank account:
Account holder – Mrs Deborah Rowe
Sort Code: 30-95-04
Account Number: 00920700
(b) Cheques made payable to Deborah Rowe
(c) Cash Payment
- You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at our store, including all of your contact details.
- We will take reasonable care to keep your order and payment details secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from this Website.
- The price you pay is the price displayed on our Website or price tag at the time we receive your order, apart from if we discover an error in the price of products you have ordered, when we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of confirming your order at the correct price, or cancelling it. If you cancel and you have already paid for the products, you will receive a full refund. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. While we try and ensure prices are accurate, our Website contains a large number of products and it is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the products on our Website may be incorrectly priced.
- Where we charge separately for packing and other relevant charges, the appropriate rates are set out in our specified pricing structure found within Delivery Information.
- All product prices are shown in £ sterling but exclude delivery charges unless expressly stated otherwise.
- The ownership of any products you order shall pass to you on delivery of the products provided that we have processed and received payment in full for the products.
- Orders from outside the UK or EU may be subject to import duties and taxes. All applicable duties, fees and any additional charges for customs clearance levied by the importing cou ntry at the time the shipment arrives in your country are your sole responsibility.
Cancellation and Returns policy.
- In the unlikely event that you receive faulty or damaged goods, please contact us as soon as possible. There is more information on our Returns Policy page regarding returning faulty or damaged items.
- You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in all material or content on our Website and Social Media platforms (including without limitation photographs, graphical images, artwork, data compilations, audio and video material) shall remain vested in us. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us.
- You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within our Website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may only download and print such material and content for the purpose of using this Website, including making a purchase. You further acknowledge that any other use of the material and content on this Website is strictly prohibited and you agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
Visitor material and conduct
- If, at our request, you send certain specific submissions (for example contest entries) or without a request from us you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, ‘comments’), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any comments in confidence; (2) to pay compensation for any comments; or (3) to respond to any comments.
- You are not allowed to (including aiding a third party to) interfere with our systems, restrict or inhibit the use or enjoyment of the Website for anyone else, nor are you allowed to use it for any activities that breach any laws, standards, content requirements or codes published by any relevant authority or circulate any material that is of a threatening, harmful, vulgar, abusive, obscene, unlawful, harassing or libellous nature.
- You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your comments will not contain libellous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Service or any related website. You may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
Links to other websites
- To provide increased value and for the convenience of our customers we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion and risk. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website, we are not responsible for the availability of such external resources or sites, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable in any way, whether directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites; or (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources; or (iii) the use which others make of these websites; or (iv) for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused to you, arising from or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods, materials or services available on and/or purchased by you from such external websites or resources.
- We may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
- While we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information on the Deborah Jayne Website, Social Media platforms and product descriptions is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material. We may make changes to our published material, or to the products and prices described, at any time without notice. The material on our Website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
- The Deborah Jayne Website is provided on an “as is” or “as available” basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the Website including, but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, conditions of completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide you with our Website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms which, but for these Terms, might have effect in relation to this Website. We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely, or error-free, that defects will be corrected or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
- To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the products. In particular, we will not be responsible for ensuring that the goods you order are suitable for your purposes. This does not affect your legal rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your contract cancellation rights.
- Our liability to you (whether in tort, contract or otherwise) will be limited to the purchase price paid by you for the product(s) plus any postage and packaging costs.
- If your use of material on our Website results in the need for repairs, you assume all costs thereof.
- We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- If your use of material on our Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
- We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free. In no case shall Deborah Jayne Jewellery be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the Service or any products procured using the Service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the Service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the Service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Service, even if advised of their possibility.
- You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these Terms.
- If any provision of these Terms is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions which shall continue to have full force and effect.
- Only the parties to these Terms may seek to enforce them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- If you breach these Terms and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation in which you breach these Terms.
- These Terms and the policies referred to in them are the only terms which apply to your use of the Website and the purchase of products from us via the Website, in person or over social media. You acknowledge that you have not entered into this arrangement in reliance on any other statement, warranty or representation made by us or on our behalf.
- Any reviews of products posted on deborahjayne.co.uk or www.facebook.com/deborahjaynejewellery are the expression of opinions by individuals and do not represent our views.
- The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement for all purposes.
- These Terms and Conditions are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. You may terminate these Terms at any time by notifying us that you no longer wish to use our Services, or when you cease using our site.
- If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms, we also may terminate this agreement at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; and/or accordingly may deny you access to our Services (or any part thereof).
- Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms of Service shall not be construed against the drafting party.
- In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
Published: September 2018
Our trading address is 23 Lyn Avenue, Lichfield, WS13 7DA, United Kingdom
Questions about the Terms and Conditions should be sent to us at: email@example.com.